MAXIA digest – Digestive enhancer for superior horse health
Maxia Digest is a combination of superior, researched ingredients known to support the overall digestive health of your horse to achieve optimal function.
Suitable for horses who may require gastro-intestinal support to ensure appropriate digestive conditions and nutrient absorption to help with top line, overall body condition, hoof quality, coat shine and immunity.
WHAT does IT do?
The ingredients included in Maxia Digest have been selected to benefit the horse through these key aspects:
- Targeted buffering of the stomach acid to protect the sensitive gut wall from damage
- Support healthy populations of good bacteria in both the fore and hind gut with a combination of pre and probiotics which have a synergistic effect when supplemented together
- Immune system support in mares, new born foals (via colostrum) and adult horses
- Improvement in nutrient supply to maintain coat, skin and hoof condition
what are the ingreidents?
- Maxia Complete Researched and trusted as a natural, slow acting, pH buffer derived from red marine algae to help control and reduce acidity in the gut. This unique and natural form of calcium breaks down slowly allowing for initial protein digestion in the stomach, while acid buffering increases as digestion proceeds, reducing the risk of ulceration from acid splashing. Read our NZ research here
- Probiotic Saccharomyces cerevisiae CNCM I-1077 Micro Encapsulated live yeast (LevucellSC) selected for its capacity to optimise hindgut (the site of microbial fibre digestion) function in horses and enhance the natural process of digestion. Limits undesirable changes in the intestinal microbial ecosystem, helps to stabilise the gut microflora in stressful conditions and optimise feed digestibility.
- Prebiotic Oligofructose are selectively fermented ingredients that nourish and stimulate growth of beneficial bacteria, benefiting the horse by enhancing the absorption and retention of certain minerals, which in turn can support the immune system and skeletal tissue. Helps to improve the survival, implantation and growth of newly added probiotic strains.
- Prebiotic Mannan-Oligosaccharides Enriched yeast fractions help to bind pathogens and limit their adhesion to the gastro intestinal tract, allowing the development of a beneficial microflora able to use Mannans as an energy source. Contributes to the regulation of the intestinal flora to allow optimal nutrient absorption, enhancing digestibility and supporting immune response. Helps to improve the survival, implantation and growth of newly added probiotic strains.
- DL Methionine A sulphur-bearing, essential amino acid and a major methyl donor for liver function and the correct amino acid utilisation.
- Biotin A water soluble B vitamin essential for correct transport and utilisation of protein in the body tissues, involved in cell proliferation, aids keratin synthesis for hoof, coat and skin quality.
- Chelated Zinc An important component of antioxidant enzymes. Helps to maintain cell membrane integrity, support the immune system and is necessary for the synthesis of chondroitin sulphate which is used in cartilage formation.
- Vitamin C A water soluble antioxidant vitamin that facilitates the synthesis of collagen, the primary component of connective tissue and is required in the antioxidant system in the body as well as for eye function.
Horses Loading Dose (First 5-7 Days) 60g, Maintenance 40g / Ponies Loading Dose (First 5-7 Days) 50g, Maintenance 30g / Levels may be adjusted to suit each horse.