Maxia Complete – 100% red marine algae
Maxia Complete is a 100% organic, natural and slow acting pH buffer derived from red marine algae to help control and reduce acidity in the gut.
Suitable for horses who may be at risk of gastric irritation or sensitivity due to racing, travelling, high grain diets, changes in feeding, heavy workloads, competing, etc.
What does it do?
As the horse’s stomach empties, the sensitive mucosa is protected against erosion from the normal acid that is constantly secreted into the gut
- Maxia Complete has a buffering effect on the normal acidic contents of the stomach.
- Reduces the risk for ulcers caused by burn damage
- controls and reduces acidity in the gut
- Creates a natural, well-balanced environment in your horse’s stomach
What is it?
- Maxia Complete is a 100% organic, calcareous, red marine algae, harvested to human grade
- The algae have a unique, honeycomb structure providing a surface area of >10m2 per gram
- Maxia Complete contains primarily calcium and magnesium in a unique and organic form which are highly bio available and preferentially taken up by the gut.
Why does my horse need it?
The horse is designed to have a constant supply of fibrous material and to never have an empty stomach.
- The horses stomach has 2 regions, the squamous (upper) region and the glandular (lower) region. The squamous region is particularly susceptible to damage as it lacks the protective mechanisms of the glandular region to defend its mucosal lining from gastric acid.
- The horse’s stomach can become empty during transport, during exercise, racing during competition, stressful situations, etc.
- When the stomach is empty for any appreciable length of time, gastric pH drops and there is a risk of acid contact of the sensitive squamous region
- Stress and exercise have been shown to increase the risk of acid exposure
- The horse continuously secretes acid into the stomach, increasing the risk of acid splashing when the stomach is empty
How do I know Maxia Complete is helping?
The horses digestive system evolved centuries ago and is not designed to be empty. When we have a busy horse we need a gastric health strategy and buffering the acid along with other management practises has been proven to help support long term digestive health and positively supports the overall health of your horse.
MAXIA COMPLETE IS DESIGNED AS A DAILY, DIGESTIVE SUPPORT SUPPLEMENT TO PROTECT AGAINST EQUINE GASTRIC ULCERS - THE RESULT OF THE EROSION OF THE LINING OF THE STOMACH DUE TO A PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO THE NORMAL ACID IN THE STOMACH.